ENG 1001: Evaluation Criteria for Essays - IVCC
Topic: Do you agree?- Please a number of Australian based references and Journal / Academic sources
– Please page number references
– Please don’t just provide an argument, show research too.
Marking criteria for RESEARCH essay:
Your essay must provide a sustained and coherent answer to the questions we have asked. One of the criteria on which your essay will be judged is the breadth of your reading. Another is the quality of your writing. A third is your ability to develop and sustain an argument or arguments which answer the question. You must thoroughly footnote your essay in the Oxford style and include a comprehensive bibliography. General websites that are not accessed through the Deakin University Library website are to be avoided.
What the Assessor will be looking for when marking this assignment:
– Your ability to understand and interpret the issues raised by the question
– the quality and breadth of your research, that is the number of books, articles, etc used in writing the essay and how you have used the research to construct your answer to the question
– Your ability to analyse the sources, distil the relevant evidence and develop a persuasive answer to the question
– Your ability to answer the question
– Your ability to document, that is footnote your exercise and present a bibliography
– The quality of your written expression and the organization of your essay
– Your ability to sustain your answer to the question throughout the essay
– Requirement to get your essay in on time
Peer assessment marking criteria for essay - …
IELTS Writing Marking Criteria Schemes - Exam English
Most people now use cars as their main form of transport. An increase in this trend during the last centry has contributed to major traffic congestion in cities, and to a decline in the quality of our environment. This essay will look at how this is occuring and what can be done to address this problem.
Marking criteria for essay writing
The model answers from IELTS are not designed to make essay writing easier for you. They don’t want to make their test easy. But teachers work hard to make it more achievable which is why their models are better. It is best if you spend more time learning about how the writing is marked and how to improve your score based on the marking criteria. These pages will help: and also
All the best