Psychology dissertation marking criteria
Psychology Essay Marking Criteria
Topic: Do you agree?- Please a number of Australian based references and Journal / Academic sources
– Please page number references
– Please don’t just provide an argument, show research too.
Marking criteria for RESEARCH essay:
Your essay must provide a sustained and coherent answer to the questions we have asked. One of the criteria on which your essay will be judged is the breadth of your reading. Another is the quality of your writing. A third is your ability to develop and sustain an argument or arguments which answer the question. You must thoroughly footnote your essay in the Oxford style and include a comprehensive bibliography. General websites that are not accessed through the Deakin University Library website are to be avoided.
What the Assessor will be looking for when marking this assignment:
– Your ability to understand and interpret the issues raised by the question
– the quality and breadth of your research, that is the number of books, articles, etc used in writing the essay and how you have used the research to construct your answer to the question
– Your ability to analyse the sources, distil the relevant evidence and develop a persuasive answer to the question
– Your ability to answer the question
– Your ability to document, that is footnote your exercise and present a bibliography
– The quality of your written expression and the organization of your essay
– Your ability to sustain your answer to the question throughout the essay
– Requirement to get your essay in on time
Essay marking criteria psychology - …
An essay of approx 5,000 words that provides a critical examination of a major concept or issue in the psychology of exceptional learning and its implications for improving instruction/education/pedagogy
The essay will be marked according to four criteria:
demonstrates a sufficiently comprehensive overview of the relevant literature
shows a thoughtful and critical analysis of the ideas; key ideas have been identified and alternative, creative perspectives noted
shows a careful, systematic and well-organized development of the theme; ideas organized well, writing is coherent and fluent
discusses practical implications of the theme for teaching and for future research.